- 1 cup Aamras (Mango puree)
- 2 tbsp Bengal Gram flour
- ½ cup curd
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 cups Water
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- A pinch Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 tsp ghee
- Salt According to taste
- In a jar, whip the aamras, curd, besan, turmeric powder and water in a medium bowl to a fine paste with no lumps.
- In a deep pan, add a tsp of ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida on medium flame.
- Add red chilli and curry leaves; stir for a minute.
- Pour the Aamras mixture into a pan and stir quickly.
- Add the salt and whisk continuously until the aamras kadhi begins to thicken.
- Serve Aamras Kadhi hot with rice.