- ½ cup moong dal
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp rice
- For Seasoning
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 tsp green chillies (minced)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Asafoetida A pinch
- 5 cashews (soaked and chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Soak moong dal, urad dal, rice for half an hour.
- Grind all the ingredients well.
- Ferment the batter for at least six hours.
- Grease the idli moulds and spoon the batter into them.
- Heat water in the idli cooker and steam cook for about 15 minutes.
- Take out idli cooker from the fire and let it cool.
- Remove the idlis from the moulds.
- In a pan, add coconut oil and then the seasoning ingredients for preparing seasoning.
- Pour the seasoning on the idlis.
- Serve hot