- 1 cup Lotus stem (peeled and cut in round pieces)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- A pinch of Amchur power
- Salt According to taste
- 2 tsp of Peanut oil
- 1 cup of Water
- Pressure cook the lotus stem pieces in a cup of water for 4 whistles. If not cooked, then can give two more whistles.
- Take peanut oil in a pan and add ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Then add tomatoes puree, red chilly, turmeric, amchur powder, coriander powder and saute well.
- Now add boiled lotus stem and a cup of water. Stir properly.
- Add garam masala and salt, Stir properly for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.