- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (roasted)
- 7 Curry Leaves
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt According To Taste
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds and let them crackle.
- Then, add urad dal and peanuts, fry until golden brown.
- Add dried red chillies and curry leaves to the pan, and stir for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked rice to the tempering along with some salt. Mix well on low-medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp mixed with water.
- Mix well and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with pickle or papad or chutney.