- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp whole cumin seeds
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 cup turnip (peeled and cubed)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Salt According to taste
- Black pepper According to taste
- In a large pot on medium flame, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let sizzle for 10 seconds.
- Add onions until golden.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add turnip, water, turmeric, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low flame, cover with lid. Cook for 25 minutes until turnips softened.
- If need more liquid, add a bit more.
- Serve hot.