- ¼ cup rice (soaked for 7 hours)
- 2 tbsp moong dal (soaked for 12 hours)
- 1 tsp beetroot (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp tomatoes(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp carrots(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp French beans(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt According to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 cup water
- Rinse the soaked rice and moong dal with water.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add hing and then cumin seeds. let them sizzle.
- Add vegetables and sauté for a minute or two.
- Drain the water from soaked rice and dal.
- And add to the cooker.
- Sauté for a minute.
- Add 1/4 tsp sal, water and stir well.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it for 5 whistles on medium flame.
- Serve khichdi hot with ghee on it.